PROTEIN CHIP DESIGNProtein arrays are printed on nylon membranes and on glass slides of different chemistries. Depending on the printing substrate, printing is done with either solid or quill pins. The staff at Kamtek would work with clients in the design and production of protein microarrays. Array design is based on the following features of the Chip Pro Writer:
- Provision to print arrays on different size membranes and glass slides.
- Capability to print arrays in specific formats based on different combinations of 48 pins in the print head for either gridding with solid pins or printing with quill pins.
- Ability to arrange spots in different formats within each array and to adjust spot-to-spot distance.
- Allows printing of replicate spots with quill pins, which can be either next to each other or in separate arrays on the same slide.
- Prints different/duplicate arrays on the same slide for comparison purposes.
- Ability to place positive and negative controls at specific locations on the array.
- Printing in batches of up to 100 slides per run.
- Protein array printing includes printing of various antigens, protein complexes, antibodies, and polypeptides.
- We print custom arrays for clients based on their requirements for types of substrates and the nature of protein samples to be printed.
- Printing is performed with well-established Robotics and microfluidic systems in HEPA filtered clean environment and humidity-controlled chambers also provided with sample cooling system required for the printing of antibodies.
- Quill-Pin or Stealth Pin technology is used to print on glass slides, and solid pins are used for printing on membrane coated slides and membranes.
- We offer printing of high-density arrays (up to15, 000 spots/slide) and printing in large batches (up to 100 slides/batch).
- The system generates gal-file accepted by majority of scanners.
PROTEIN BINDING AND DETECTION ASSAYSDepending on customers specific requirements, we will help them to optimize and perform colorimetric or fluorescence based assays required for different sample types.
SCANNING AND QUANTITATIONWe provide custom scanning services to our customers at reasonable rates, which comprise:
- Single or dual wavelength scanning of processed arrays with ScanArray Express scanner, which has capability to scan images at 10-micron resolution. The dual wavelength images are scanned one after the other.
- Quantitation of scanned images in TIFF format using QuantArray software. The gal file generated by our Microarray Printer is compatible with the ScanArray Express scanner for quantitation purposes.
- Conversion of raw data generated by the system into Excel Spread sheet and scatter-plots for further analysis.